Trade account management through specialized MetaTrader 5 applications is called Automated Trading or Algorithmic Trading. These applications are referred to astrading robots; they can analyze quotes of financial instruments, as well as execute trade operations on the Forex and exchange markets. Trading robots can perform operations on financial markets and as a result, a trader can be completely replaced.
The MetaTrader 5 algorithmic trading components comprise the specialized integrated development environment MQL5 IDE. This development environment covers the entire cycle of trading application development, allowing the trader to create, debug, test, optimize, and execute trading robots.
How to acquire a trading robot for MetaTrader 5?
You can enjoy to the maximum all the advantages of trading robots, even if you do not have any programming background. In addition to the Expert Advisor development environment, MetaTrader 5 provides options for free download, rent or purchase of thousands of applications. And if these advantages are not enough, you can also order a custom trading robot from a professional programmer.
The MetaTrader Market is the largest online store, from where you can purchase or rent hundreds of different trading applications to suit every taste and every budget. You can test any product from the Market for free before deciding to purchase it. Just make a payment for a selected robot straight from the platform using your preferred payment method, and start using it right away.
Thousands of trading robots and indicators can also be downloaded for free from the MQL5 Code Base. Direct access to the Code Base access is provided on the platform, so choose and download applications while you trade.
If you cannot find an application with the required features from the Market or Code Base, you can order a custom application from a professional programmer. Hundreds of developers offering their services through MQL5 Freelance are ready to develop your custom robot not only in the shortest possible time, but also at the most reasonable price.
Develop your own trading robot
MQL5 IDE provides wide functionality and user-friendly options for developers of any skill level. Beginners may use the MQL5 Wizard to generate a simple trading robot in just a few clicks.
Experienced and professional developers can take the advantage of all the features of the MQL5 IDE:
- The MQL5 language of trading strategies. This high-level programming language provides object-oriented architecture, the highest calculation speed, C++-like syntax, and more.
- The MetaEditor is an editor of strategies which offers code highlighting options, a debugger and a compiler.
- The Strategy Tester with support for visual testing, optimization, genetic algorithms, a distributed network of testing agents, and much more.
- An execution module in the form of the MetaTrader 5 platform to run trading applications. In addition to the high-speed execution of robots, the platform provides the widest coverage, allowing you to test your applications with hundreds of brokers around the world.
- Documentation — complete description of all language constructs. Having trouble? Feel free to open the Language Reference!
- MQL5.community — a community of Expert Advisor developers, containing a unique knowledge base and offering additional services where you can monetize your skills. Visit the website to read articles, communicate with other developers, develop custom applications for traders through the Freelance service, sell your applications through the Market, and much more!
With all these tools and services, any trader can learn easily how to develop their own trading robots. You can write programs for your own use or offer them to other traders for a fee. Develop your own trading robot now — everything you need is at your fingertips!
Automated Trading Championship
The power of trading robots was demonstrated during Automated Trading Championships 2006-2012. Every year, the big prize money of $80,000 attracted hundreds of developers and thousands of traders. During each of the competitions, hundreds of Expert Advisors traded automatically according to their own dynamics for a period of three months, and the authors of the best were awarded with the title of the Best EA Developer and a solid prize.
Visit the website and learn about the history of the ATCs, which features a large collection of impressive rises and dramatic falls, brilliant trading and striking fiascoes, simple applications and ingenious professional robots. Moreover, you can monitor how robots can behave in real trading and what they are capable of!